Base Salary: $12 Per Hour
Employment Type: Part Time
Work Hours: Flexible schedule preferred as position will require weekends and holidays.
100 Pine Crest Lane
Deadwood, SD 57732
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Prior Busser position experience or full-service restaurant background preferred.
The individual must possess the job knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job. This being with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Complete all Busser training processes. Take all necessary tests and complete a training checklist to reflect your training efforts.
- Assist servers and managers by properly clearing and setting tables. See training guide and training procedures. Know products/supplies are located to carry out this important duty.
- Assist servers with pouring water/coffee/tea and clearing plates as requested by hosts or floor managers. Follow shift set up and closing duties as posted and assigned. Check with manager to end shift.
- Follow assigned and posted dishware/glassware stocking duties. Provide bar assistance filling ice and emptying trash, in addition to restroom checks.
- Assist floor managers with assigned and priority job duty assistance, such as carrying trays and tray jacks back to the kitchen area.
- Learn all dining room table numbers and be able to communicate with the hosts about table locations.
- Help maintain an efficient and professional dining room by assisting with quality service and hospitality standards. Help maintain proper tabletop appearance and presentation standards.
- Follow the cleaning check lists to maintain the dining room is in good repair and clean. Assist with packaging and/or delivering to–go orders to bar area for guests.
- When assigned, assist with cleaning any public areas that are not properly maintained, and check during each shift.
- Handle glassware and dishware with a minimal and acceptable amount of breakage. Keep the floor areas clear of debris and wipe up any spills.
- Assist with rolling silverware to maintain proper stock levels.
- Assist with any brunch table set up or tear down, as assigned.
- Help deliver guest room service orders within hotel properties, where required, and in only appropriate situations regarding associate safety.
Ability to read and speak basic English in order to read tickets and communicate with customers and other employees.
Ability to exercise good judgment.
Possess multi-tasking skills.
Follow detailed instructions with minimal supervision at times.
Communicate customer needs and complaints to management.
Possess basic computational ability.
Possess basic computer skills to be able to use POS system, when necessary.
Duties will include cleaning tables off and preparing them for the next customer and keeping everything organized and running smoothly. Looking for individuals with great attitudes and exceptional customer service and verbal communication skills. Flexible schedule preferred as position will require weekends and holidays. Hourly wage based on experience plus tips.