Front Desk Clerk
Base Salary: $16 Per Hour
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Flexible schedule is required, must work weekends.
100 Pine Crest Lane
Deadwood, SD 57732
High School Diploma or GED.
Some college preferred.
One year past audit or front desk experience preferred
The individual must possess the job knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job. This being with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Register and process guests promptly, upon their arrival, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Perform all guest accounting functions, according to established hotel operating procedures. Verify all guest and house accounts are complete and accurate.
- Accept responsibility for accurately maintaining a cash bank.
Process checkouts in a timely and efficient manner.
Reconcile daily posting and transactions; submit a balanced deposit. Complete deposit log with witness.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, as well as those of the local area, to effectively assist hotel guests.
- Issue safe deposit boxes to guests, upon request, according to standard operating procedure. Properly process guest messages, mail, packages, and confirm receipt by our guest.
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to all established credit, check cashing, cash handling and inventory control policies and procedures. This is to minimize exposure to loss of revenue.
- Confirm all guests establish credit upon check-in.
Monitor guest accounts to verify adherence to hotel credit limits.
- Review, record and reconcile discrepancies between registration information and computer/room rack records.
- Demonstrate the effective utilization of room rates, and promotional programs, to achieve maximum occupancy and average rate.
- Utilize appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Adhere to rate control procedures, based on availability and forecasted occupancy.
- Receive and process reservations accurately, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Identify and record group and transient business codes.
- Identify and record special billing instructions.
- Identify commissionable reservations and secures required information.
- Record and process deposit information.
- Identify and record requests for special accommodations and suites.
- Maintain correspondence file, by date of arrival.
- Review all reservations and assign rooms based on availability, special requests and hotel promotions, to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize room revenues.
- Assist all guests in a sincere and courteous manner consistent with Regency Culture of Service Training.
- Know and demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety, security and emergency procedures, which are required to maintain a safe and secure environment for employees and guests. Be aware of accident prevention policies.
- Prepare reports, as requested, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems, or unusual matters of significance. Bring these items to his/her attention to allow prompt corrective action, when appropriate.
- Answer phones, at front desk, according to established procedures.
- Coordinate and notify the housekeeping department of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Provide the accounting department with necessary information to ensure travel agent commissions are paid promptly and accurately.
- Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation procedures.
- File room key cards.
- Read and initial the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Be aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attend department meetings.
Coordinate guest room maintenance work with the maintenance department. Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
Other duties as assigned.
Project a neat, clean and professional appearance.
Be articulate and able to communicate effectively to staff and guests, verbally and in writing.
Be committed to the highest standards of hospitality and express a sincere interest in the needs and comfort of guests.
Must be extroverted, sales oriented, self-motivated and able to consistently project a positive attitude and pleasant personality.
Willing to assist others and work as a team member toward common goals of the hotel.
Be a bright, alert individual who is able to assume responsibility and exercise sound judgment.
Perform multiple activities with speed and accuracy and adapt easily to fast paced, changing conditions.
Be detail-oriented and follow through.
Be dependable, flexible and possess an even temperament.
Comprehend basic accounting principles and possess an aptitude with figures. Accurately type a minimum of 30 words per minute, operate computer and property management system software and be able to handle clerical duties such as filing and logging.
Must be honest and able to handle cash responsibilities.
Must be able to work well as part of a team and must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. It is very important to be reliable, consistent and be very helpful and courteous to guests as well as co-workers. Front Desk Clerks are expected to help maintain extremely high standards in our hotel. Flexible schedule is required, must work weekends.