Base Salary: $15 Per Hour
Employment Type: Full Time
High School Diploma or GED required.
2-3 years of full-service restaurant experience as host, bartender or server.
- Help keep dining room training materials current, accurate and stocked. Staff development may process through the use of manuals, our on-line training system, training guides, tests and tools. Follow prescribed process and checklists. Supervise, conduct and coordinate all dining room training programs supported by a strong “train the trainer” program.
- Learn on the spot coaching sessions to help employees improve performance.
- Ensure staff conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Monitor appearance of employees to guarantee they meet the department/property uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Participate with safety committee procedures. When requested, prepare for, attend and actively participate in weekly F & B management meetings.
- Participate in management development and goal setting meetings with AGM. Present written goals for yourself. Follow up on assigned projects, discuss goals and professional progress regularly.
- Each shift, conduct informational, educational and inspiring pre-shift meetings with FOH staff.
- Communicate shift/daily operations information and feedback to AGM and management team through the use of a management daily log.
- Follow state and federal labor and employment laws. Do not hire anyone under the age of sixteen to work on our property. (see Regional Manager for any state specific exemption)
- Know and maintain proper Health Department standards and codes. Keep a current Serve Safe certification.
- Assist to maintain a proactive Worker’s Compensation program. This will help to insure the safety and well-being of our employees. In the event an employee is injured, verify a First Report of Injury form is completed within 24 hours of the incident. Notify the AGM, complete and submit all Worker’s Compensation forms.
- Do a proper shift checkout process and reconcile sales to receipts. Reconcile the assigned tills at the end of each shift, and rebuild to par levels. Bundle and record sales to be held in safe for office person to process the next morning. Validate this process is being followed by all who close the restaurant nightly.
Ability to use computer for daily work.
Communicate to staff and guests, verbally and in writing.
Possess interpersonal hospitality related experience.
Possess working knowledge of POS systems
Possess working knowledge of restaurant guest table service.
Working knowledge of liquor, beer and wine.
Follow directions and to work independently with little supervision, time to time.
Must possess supervisory skill potential.
Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, labor relations, and corporate and property-specific policies.
This position should maintain an efficient and professional kitchen by enforcing company standards and assisting the GM and Chef. Candidate will be expected to perform all back of house duties including prepping, inventory, ordering, line supervising, and menu creation. Administrative duties will include handling staffing levels, employee discipline, training, and communicating with the front of house supervisor. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills but is also physically demanding. Prior food service industry and management experience preferred.