Base Salary: $13 Per Hour
Employment Type: Part Time
Work Hours: Day & night shift
Eighth grade education or equivalent.
Housekeeping experience preferred.
Other established work record preferred.
The individual must possess the job knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job. This being with or without reasonable accommodation, using a combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Clean bathtub area, toilet, sink, mirrors, tile, chrome, walls, fixtures, counters, and floor surfaces using cloth rags, sponges, brushes, and cleaning chemicals provided by hotel.
- Clean underneath beds.
- Remove soiled bed and bath linens from guest rooms. Remake beds and replace clean bath linens as required.
- Dust all surfaces including furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, vents, shelves, counters and baseboards.
- Vacuum entire room and remove trash/debris from rooms.
Replenish amenities and promotional materials in rooms.
Sign and secure room keys.
Retrieve, stock, and push carts.
- Assist with project cleaning in rooms as assigned.
Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance; correct deficiencies.
Respond, in a timely and efficient manner, to guest requests for items such as extra linen or amenities.
- Turn in all items found in the guest room to hotel lost/found.
- Maintain all work areas and equipment in clean and neat condition to ensure quality and maximum job efficiency. This includes carts, vacuums, and closets.
- Keep immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Bring these items, including maintenance and replacement needs, to his/her attention to allow prompt corrective action, when appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness, neatness, and good repair of all hotel areas.
- Acquire working knowledge of the department including in-house facilities, to respond to employee and guest requests and questions.
- Attend to VIP rooms as instructed/requested.
Report all suspicious persons, actions, or hazardous conditions. All other duties as assigned.
Communicate effectively with other employees and guests.
Follow instructions as directed.
Ability to read, write and understand basic English.
Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical, bloodborne pathogen training.
Must be able to work well as part of a team and must be able to follow verbal and written instructions. It is very important to be reliable, consistent and be very helpful and courteous to guests as well as co-workers. Housekeepers are expected to maintain extremely high standards throughout the entire facility to including but not limited to: hallways, parking lot, storerooms, and all common areas. Must be 18.